Ventas is made up of a talented group of results-driven, experienced and dedicated professionals with an unwavering commitment to integrity, high-performance, adaptability and collaboration. We uphold equal opportunities for all and believe our organization is stronger and more effective with a diverse workforce and Board of Directors. To that end, we strive for gender balance (50|50 female to male) across our organization by seeking a gender-balanced pipeline of candidates and using a merit-based approach to hiring and advancement.
- The Ventas employee population is gender balanced at 48% female | 52% male.1
- We have a strong and diverse leadership pipeline reflected with 50% female | 50% male at and above the manager level.2
- Ventas is an S&P 500 leader in Board diversity with one-third female directors.
Respect for human rights is at the core of our social responsibility, and we take action to report any conduct inconsistent with our values, our Global Code of Ethics & Business Conduct, or the law. As an equal opportunity employer, we value the diversity of the unique individuals who make up our team and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, military service, creed, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression or any other status protected by applicable law.
We believe that dialogue and engagement with our employees are critical to our culture, our reputation and our organization’s growth and progress. Each year, we invite employees to take part in an annual employee engagement survey3 to help identify our strengths, overall engagement levels and specific areas of improvement. Since the launch of the survey three years ago, Ventas has consistently achieved overall engagement results that exceed our goal of being in the top half of companies in employee engagement as compared to our peer benchmark.4
Our employee networks are designed to bring like-minded employees together to build a culture dedicated to enhancing the success and engagement of employees through professional development, career management, cross-departmental collaboration and mentoring opportunities. Open to all professionals at Ventas, these groups include:
- Womens Network: a community dedicated to the success and engagement of women at Ventas through professional development, career management and mentoring
- Diversity Network: a community that helps shape and enhance our ability to attract and retain diverse professionals and engage other employees through increased cultural understanding across topics such as ethnicity and gender
- Young Professionals: a community that serves to increase the development of young professionals through informal mentoring, social activities and training opportunities
Ventas is committed to protecting the safety, health, and well-being of all employees, and these are fundamental considerations in every business decision and plan. All employees have a responsibility to work safely at all times. We develop and maintain thorough policies and processes to ensure a safe working environment and make resources available to promote the health and well-being of employees from best-in-class health benefits to standing desks. As one measure of safety, we track our lost time incident rate (LTIR) which is consistently below the industry average.
1Data as of 12/31/2018. 2017 data: 48% female; 2016 data: 48% female. Data covers 100% of Ventas employees.
2Data as of 12/31/2018. 2017 data: 50% female. Data covers 100% of Ventas employees.
3Survey is independently managed by by a third party vendor. Responses are confidential.
4Overall engagement percentage points delta from 50th percentile benchmark: 2018 9%, 2017 16%, 2016 18%. Data covers 97% of Ventas employees.