Exceptional Talent, Unmatched Experience
At Ventas, our unified team drives our success and creates value. We have a commitment to the enterprise and to each other. We provide a unique environment that offers many opportunities for our people to utilize their professional skills, develop their talents and learn from each other as they build successful careers. We constantly strive to foster a culture that attracts and retains top talent in our industry who share a passion for integrity, flawless execution, collaborative problem-solving and, above all, excellence.
Participation in the
2021 Annual Employee
Benefits Package 2
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
Employee Female to
Male Gender Balance 3
Female to Male
Gender Balance 3
We believe our organization is much stronger and more effective when we intentionally develop and recruit a diverse workforce and Board of Directors. As an equal opportunity employer, we value the unique individuals who make up our team and do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, creed, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression or any other status protected by applicable law.
Longtime Leadership in Board Diversity
Ventas has consistently been a leader in gender diversity on our Board of Directors and has maintained at least two female board members since 2001, including our Chairman & CEO, Debra A. Cafaro. With the recent appointment of two new independent directors, our current Board is 42% diverse.
“At Ventas, we are committed to driving lasting change on racial equity and inclusion in our company, the real estate industry and our communities. It is now more important than ever that we take tangible steps and make significant progress towards these objectives.”
Workplace Health, Well-being & Safety
Our employees have the right to a safe and happy workplace, and we foster a culture of employee safety, health and well-being. We recognize that the responsibility for health and safety is shared and each employee has a responsibility to help make our workplaces secure and hazard-free to protect against accidents, personal injury/illness and property damage. We maintain our commitment to health, well-being and safety through robust workplace safety administration, training and education practices and an industry leading benefits package that reflects and rewards our employees' dedication to the success of our Company as they set the standard for excellence in the real estate sector.
- Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate per 100 full-time equivalent workers
- Industry benchmark data per the Bureau of Labor Statistics for NAICS Code 5313, Activities related to real estate.
- 2020 Industry data not yet available.
Employee Resource Groups
Bringing employees together in a collaborative and engaging environment that supports professional development, career management, cross-departmental collaboration and mentoring.
Dedicated to the success and engagement of women through professional development, career management and mentoring
Helping to shape and enhance our ability to attract and retain diverse professionals and engage other employees through increased cultural understanding across topics such as ethnicity and gender
Young Professionals Network
Serves to increase the development of young professionals through informal mentoring, social activities and training opportunities
- Data as of December 31, 2020
- Average spend per employee. Ventas targets an employee health benefits package that exceeds a cross-industry benchmark of almost 1,800 companies. The benchmark is independently assured by DNV GL Business Assurance.
- Data as of June 30, 2021. Additional workforce disclosures for Ventas and Lillibridge include employee Veteran and disability statuses of 5% and <1%, respectively, self-reported as of June 30, 2021. As of December 31, 2020, Ventas middle management level was 56.6% female (defined as management who have middle- or lower-level supervisory responsibilities). As of December 31, 2020, Ventas senior management level was 20.8% female (defined as management, excluding executives, who have senior-level supervisory responsibilities).
- Leadership defined as Ventas VP-level and above, including Executive Officers.